We taste-tested vegan-friendly Dream Pops at POPSUGAR’s San Francisco office, and surprisingly, no one gave a rating less than a four or five (out of five). Both vegans and non-vegans gave the thumbs up for each of the three flavors we tried: Chocolate Lion, Berry Dreams, and Coconut Latte.
We Tried Those Trendy, Vegan Ice Cream Pops — and They’re Just as Delicious as They Are Pretty
Each coconut-milk-based pop is under 100 calories and free of dairy, gluten, soy, and artificial additives. And if the no-dairy part is turning any of you hardcore ice-cream-lovers off, I can honestly say that Dream Pops are creamy and rich enough to make you forget all about milk.
So, what makes these so special? For one, the health-centered company partnered with a three-star Michelin chef and sourced quality ingredients to make its treats clean yet tasty. But these aren’t good for vegan ice cream pops — they’re good. Period.
See how we rated each flavor ahead!
This one is made for those who love both coconut and coffee. Both flavors are easily detectable, but neither overpower one another.
- “I love this! Not too sweet and reminds me of Blue Bottle’s New Orleans cold-brew coffee.” (4)
- “I would get this again. More coconut than coffee, but still a good coffee kick.” (5)
- “Love the texture and latte flavor. The coconut hint is a bit extra.” (4)
Ingredients: coconut milk, coconut blossom sugar, coffee beans, baobab, vanilla bean, tapioca, sea salt
Average rating: 4.4
Fudge pops have met their match. Any chocolate fan will love this flavor.
- “I was skeptical, but I love the rich chocolate flavor!” (5)
- “I’m a vegan and super picky about non-dairy options. This one lives up to the hype.” (5)
- “Tastes like a fudgesicle.” (4)
Ingredients: coconut milk, coconut blossom sugar, chocolate blend (cacao, almond, porcini, coconut blossom sugar), lion’s mane mushroom powder, vanilla bean, sea salt
Average rating: 4.5
This refreshing variety didn’t attract as many people as its counterparts did, but it won over those who gave it a try.
- “Creamy; reminds me of Flinstones Push-Up Pops.” (5)
- “Wow, I love the tartness! Creamy, light, and perfectly sweet.” (5)
- “More tart than I expected, but love how creamy it is.” (4)
Ingredients: coconut milk, strawberry, raspberry, passion fruit, coconut blossom sugar, baobab, tapioca, vanilla bean, sea salt
Average rating: 4.6